Welcome again! Kaylee here today and this time using Couture Creation’s new ‘Homely Florals’ & ‘5″ x 7″ Background Stamp Set – Release 1’. These are 5″ x 7″ cards. I made 3, dimensional cards and a box to create a Gift Set. I kept ‘purple’ as the dominant colour of these cards and snuck in some glitter with the embossing powder on the background embossing. I matted the purple cardstock and glued it directly onto the card front. I used a mix of both the black and the white smooth card stock and heat embossed the background stamps to them. I trimmed them to a size smaller than the purple mat, blended the dye inks around the edges, mounted them on cardboard then glued them to the card front. I die-cut the ‘happy’ and ‘birthday’ from both cardstock and foam. I glued them both together to give it height.
There is a lovely lot of flowers in the ephemera pack so I chose a selection of different flowers and colours for the cards and added foam tape to the backs. I added more foam tape under the focal flower to make it higher than everything else. Once all the pieces were ready, I just moved them around until I was happy with the placement. It was just a matter of glueing/sticking all the pieces in place. I made the box using the diagram with measurements above. I Scored, cut, burnished and glued it all together. I kept the box plain but you could bring an element from each of the cards and create an arrangement on the front of the box.
COUTURE CREATIONS MATERIALS LIST:
- ULT200086 Cardstock – Midnight Royal
- CO727181 Alpine White Smooth Card stock
- CO727178 Black Smooth Card stock
- CO728658 Die Cut Ephemera Set – Homely Florals
- CO728662 Homely Florals Die Set – Happy Sentiment
- CO725815 5″ x 7″ Cards & Envelopes – White
- CDEIPU012 Dye Ink – Lilac
- CDEIPU013 Dye Ink – Purple
- CO727948 Blending Brush – Medium
- CO728278 Embossing Ink Pad
- CO724988 Embossing Powder – Super Sparkles – Gold
- CO724990 Embossing Powder – Super Sparkles – Silver
- CO728511 Glue – All Purpose Art Glue
Other Products:- Cardboard, Foam and foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by . HAPPY CRAFTING KAYLEE. XX
You can see me over on my personal blog here:- https://cardcraftkaylee.blogspot.com