Welcome again! I am still loving ‘glitter’. This time I used the Glitter Card to add a splash of sparkle for my layout. These elements are from Couture Creation’s new collections of Homely Florals and Lucy’s Every Day Stamps.
I had a gorgeous little baby photo that I just had to have a go at putting it in a scrapbook layout. The photo made me think of a little pixie in a forest, so I started gathering bits and pieces to create that image. I used the new Alcohol Markers Colour Swatch book to choose my butterfly colours and chose cardstock and embossing powders that complimented the photo. I stamped the butterfly and coloured it and fussy cut it out.
Using the new detailing scissors I fussy cut a raggerty edge out of the brown card so it would resemble a timber branch, then I painted the edges with brown alcohol ink marker. I drew a square area on the 12″x12″ page where this would go. This gave me an idea of where I put my embossed leaves. I randomly stamped the leaves and heat embossed with the 3 powders around this square. I must of got the heat too close to the card as it started to warp, so I just placed a few heavy books on it for about 30 minutes and it straightened out. So while waiting for that I backed the photo and the timber cut-out with cardboard and glued them in place. I die-cut all the other butterflies and leaves and sentiment elements. I placed double-sided foam tape behind the large butterfly, the sentiment and the small log piece. I found a couple of resin cogs left over from another project so I grabbed them as well. I threaded some string through a button and tied a bow and made a knot at the ends. I also found some corrugated card and burlap strip to add in.
Once everything was done I just played around and glued everything in place. I think he looks safe and protected by the butterfly family in the forest.
You can see me over on my personal blog here:- https://cardcraftkaylee.blogspot.com/
Couture Creations Material List:
- CO728704 Lucy’s Every Day Stamps – Just for you Butterfly
- CO728660 Homely Florals – Smile Die set (Leaf)
- CO728661 Homely Florals – Thank You Die set (Leaves)
- CO728662 Homely Florals – Happy Die set (Leaves)
- CO728666 Homely Florals – Love Die (Sentiment and Butterflies)
- CO727203 Sunburnt Country – Acacia Branch mini die
- CO727208 Sunburnt Country – Gumnut mini die
- CO727171 Glitter Card – Forest Green
- CO727181 Alpine White smooth cardstock
- ULT200031 Cardstock – Cypress Pine
- ULT200035 Cardstock – Lush
- ULT200038 Cardstock – Jungle
- ULT200041 Cardstock – Fencepost
- CO728667 Alcohol Twin Tip Colour Swatch Book
- COAP181 Alcohol Ink Marker – Brown
- COAP2283 Alcohol Ink Marker – Mint Green
- COAP7743 Alcohol Ink Marker – Cassia Green
- COAP9544 Alcohol Ink Marker – Leaf White
- CO724963 Embossing Powder – Basics Glacier White – Super Fine
- CO728278 Embossing Ink Pad
- CO724981 Embossing Powder – Pearl Gems – Peridot
- CO724985 Embossing Powder – Pearl Gems – Brass
- CO725005 Embossing Powder – Pastels – Moss Stone
- CO721962 Foam Mounting Tape – 6mm
- CO728511 All Purpose Art Glue – 60ml
- CO728096 Casting Resin
Couture Creations Tools:-
- CO724824 GoCut and Emboss Machine
- CO723978 Multi-Purpose Heat Tool
- CO727162 Precision Tweezers
- CO728522 Scissors – small Detailing
Other Products:- Burlap, string, button, cog mould and cardboard backing.
Thanks for stopping by … Kaylee XX
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS PROJECT & JOIN US ONLINE
LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT?
Follow this link to find a retailer:
HAVE A QUESTION?
Email us here: [email protected]
WANT TO CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW?
Follow this link to see the newest products coming to a stockist near you...