Resin Book Cover Part 2 – Fiona back today with Part 2 of my Resin Art Journal book cover. Unmould your cover from its mould check to see if you need to add more resin to it to fix any holes or to make it thinker if needed as shown in the first blog post and
YouTube video: part 1 https://youtu.be/QwLD_X-yGCg
1. Check your cover to see if you need to make any adjustments to it resin.
2. Create your signature I use coffee dyed papers and light weight card stock in A4 sheet and cut them to size to fit my journal covers placing the cover on top of my papers to mark out the spot where the holes are needed with a pen, I used folded over paper for my pages, but you could also use pages that are single if desired.
3. Using hole reinforcement labels place them on the front and back so that the marks for the holes sit inside of them.
4. Using Couture Creations prick piercing tool create your holes with a hole making tool you could also use that, you want to make sure that all the papers get pierced
5. Insert your rings into each hole starting with your back cover and working through your signature to the front cover clip the ring together and you now have your own journal and cover completed
6. I use some ephemera that I had premade to show some of the things you could do with your journal, but you can decorate yours how you would like I do highly recommend Couture Creations All-purpose art glue to attach your ephemera. Thanks for stopping by, Until next time
Happy Crafting , FIONA xx
YouTube part 2: https://youtu.be/iapWfe4ukMc
Couture Creation Material List
- Pink pigment paper/ light card stock of your choice
- Resin kit ephemera to decorate your signature
- Prick tool Card Rings/or binder rings
- CO A728511. All-purpose art glue
- Reinforcement labels for holes
- Foil flake or gilding flakes
- Bulldog clips
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS PROJECT & JOIN US ONLINE
LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT?
Follow this link to find a retailer:
HAVE A QUESTION?
Email us here: [email protected]
WANT TO CHECK OUT WHAT'S NEW?
Follow this link to see the newest products coming to a stockist near you...